It has been nearly 8 months since I last blogged. That's kind of a little crazy for me to think of! Especially to just take a minute and think of how much has happened and changed since then. I guess I'll try to do a decent update on how things are going.
Life is seriously so great. I'm still at BYU-I just getting school done. It's my technically fourth semester but it should be my fifth and I have the credits for it, so I just say that it is. I have only about 3 or so semesters left and then I should be student teaching in about a year. It is beyond crazy. If you would have told me a year ago that this is where I would be in my life, I would have told you that you had no idea what you were talking about.
This semester has been very full of ups and downs but mostly ups. The beginning was a little shaky just because of a few things that were going on and I really didn't know what was going to happen. It was terrifying to think that my college experience could be totally taken away from me. Somehow I was given the opportunity to stay and I have been so blessed because of it. This fall has been different than any of my other semesters up here. I've had so many opportunities this semester that have been great. I
work night crew custodial with a crew that is like my second family.
Because of work, I was also able to play soccer which was so much fun. I have amazing friends and just feel so happy to be here. It really is an amazing school no matter how much I have tried to hate it in the past. It is mostly full of people who are all just striving to be the best they can and expect the same from you. That doesn't mean that it is always a walk in the park to be here and that there are not difficulties but all the same I am glad to be here. I feel like I have grown so much in the last few months especially in so many different ways. I am excited that I am going to be up here during the winter to continue with my schooling. I know this is where I am supposed to be for some reason or another! So might as well just love it!
Through everything that has happened this semester, I have had a lot of people that I have been close to for years tell me that I have completely changed. I have changed of course. Change is inevitable and is the only way to progress. However, I am still the same person. One of my best friends Meg said that I am just happier. And you know what, that is just the way it should be. I am just grateful for the life I have been given and am determined to make it the best I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment